- Where is Home: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Artistic Medium: Water Color and Acrylic
- Favorite Color: Green
- Favorite Cereal: Oatmeal
- Favorite Food: Anything Spicy
- Favorite Drink: Coffee 1st, then maybe Water
- Favorite Place on Earth: Kauai, Hawaii or Tulum, Mexico
- Favorite Board Game: Texas Hold'em
- Favorite Music: Sade
- Favorite Magazine: National Geographic
- Favorite Movie: The Big Lebowski
- Favorite Website: Weather.com
- Hot or Cold: Hot
- Morning or Night: Night
- Cat or Dog: Cat
- Outdoor Interests: Cycling and Gardening
Jean Montanaro was born into a family of artists and has always exhibited a deep-rooted passion for painting. Along with her strong influential background and natural intuition for the arts, she quickly discovered the joys of being a creative—not only as a way of life but as a profession. As a teenager, Jean won numerous awards in established competitions for adults, receiving the moniker of "youngest artist to have a one-man show."
Today, acclaim for Miss Montanaro's work is gaining momentum nationally, and original works are receiving the interest of international collectors as well. Fortunately, a humble elegance is the norm when you are part of The Original Way, the family owned and operated artists’ ensemble immeasurably rich with fresh and timeless talent.
Through the years, Jean has fostered her own unique style and a very unconventional method by using a technique of layering intricate dots and webbed patterns to bring an abstract world to life—a world realized through meticulous detail that combines bold, vibrant and contrasting color schemes where the surreal and abstract transcend into an organic nature theme.